By the British Government in 1904 Armanitola Government High School was established. At that time this school was used only for teachers training college of East Bengal. In 1904 this school started in a building constructed with red brick in the British style.
Armanitola Government High School is located in front of the famous monument of Muslim architecture named Tara Masjid or Star Mosque. After few years it illustrated awareness of the city persons for its presentation as an institute of brilliance in education, culture and sports.
In 1960 it became a government school. After the liberation war in 1992 this school was performing well. At present in old Dhaka; Armanitola Government High School is only one of the best schools.
Some previous students of Armanitola Government High School generate online version at 2012 and published in 2013. “Armanitolian.com” provides online sustain for all student. In 2004 they celebrated 100 year completion of Armanitola Government High School.
There are three multi storied buildings built up to maintain all kinds of school curriculum. These buildings are situated at the heart of Armanitola. This school has two big playgrounds.
Armanitola Government High School is a boy’s school so that only boys can get admission here. This school has been organizing courses in Science, Business Studies and Humanities.
There are fifty three teachers in this school working efficiently. Around one thousand and five hundred students are studying recently.
Class rooms are specious and well ventilated. There is a library with large amount of books and a laboratory with modern equipment are providing by this school for doing more beside the main academic program.
There are four clubs organized for the students named Armanitolian.com, Red Crescent, Debating Club and Cub & Scout. Armanitola Government High School maintains a low tuition fees and provides financial aids in every year.